1. replace engine (1 reports)
2017 Infiniti QX60 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Infiniti QX60:

2017 Infiniti QX60 Owner Comments

Sep 102019

QX60

• CVT transmission

First off I have done my oil changes and have receipts from my mechanic using full synthetic oil. My leased car currently has 26,000 miles and Infiniti actually inspected the car when there was 15,000 miles on it (about 8 months ago) and said the oil was in great shape.

With that being said, on 9/18th i noticed a ton of white smoke coming out of the exhaust upon starting up in the morning and then it would go away. This was about 2 weeks after my last oil change.

I bring it to the dealer, as this is an indicator something is wrong. The dealer says white smoke is normal its just condensation. I tried telling the service manager it does not look normal (I am 35 and have been driving in Long Island, New York for over 18 years so i would know what is excessive smoke from the exhaust). However, she is the expert so I left.

After 3.5 weeks it was not getting better so i made a video and brought it back to the dealer. They saw the video and still said "well that doesn't look right, but keep the car and come back in a few days when we have a loaner".

I came back 3 days later and after the following day they called me to say the oil turned to sludge, replacing the engine for $15,000 was the only solution and they would not cover it under the warranty.

Driving for 3.5 weeks with white smoke prob caused a lot of damage, but what caused the white smoke originally???? Maybe my mechanic screwed up the oil changes??? Or is it possible there is an internal defect in the engine?????

I need to know if OTHER people have had this with Infiniti engines to see if a class action should be brought up against them. I already found two other people in my network so now i am reaching out to the masses? Thank you in advance.

- Ian T., Merrick, US