2013 Jaguar XJ engine NHTSA complaints: Engine

NHTSA — Engine Problems

9.1

2013 Jaguar XJ engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jaguar XJ:

2013 Jaguar XJ Owner Comments

Dec 302013

XJ 6-cyl

While at a stop light, engine revved up and the car started rolling forward. I had to brake hard to stop it. This happened about 3 more times over the next 2 months. One time the engine raced very high and I had to put it in neutral to avoid crashing. At 5000 miles I took it to the dealer who said they could find no diagnoses from the auto computer and could not replicate the problem. They claimed to have no knowledge how to fix, but now I see a number of reports on the internet about Jaguar rapid and unexplained acceleration problems. I feel Jaguar is not being honest about this problem -- and it is dangerous condition.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA