- January 17: Kia Engine Warranty Extension Offered For Bearing Damage news | 2 days ago
- January 17: Kia Engine Replacement Recall Was a Partial Dud recalls | 2 days ago
- December 30: Kia Sephia Brake Pad Lawsuit May Not Be Over news | 20 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 56 days ago
Kia Recall SC096: Brake Pedal Mount Replacement
2009 Kia Borrego
If this occurs, the driver would need to stop the vehicle with the parking brake or experience a possible second impact, increasing the risk of personal injury.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Pedals And Linkages
- Kia is recalling certain model year 2009 Borrego vehicles, manufactured from May 2, 2008, through January 20, 2009, equipped with non-adjustable brake pedals. Certain pedal mounts may have a fiberglass composition that allows them to break off in a collision where the impact has not immobilized the vehicle, which would then allow the vehicle to roll.
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake pedal mount, free of charge. The recall began on June 15, 2012. Owners may contact Kia consumer assistance center at 1-800-333-4542.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.