- June 19: Kia Optima Lawsuit Says Seat Left Man Partially Paralyzed news | 2 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 9 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 13 days ago
- June 3: Kia Sedona Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 18 days ago
- May 10: Kia Recalls Niro Hybrids For Oil Leaks and Fire Hazards recalls | 42 days ago
Kia Recall SC096: Brake Pedal Mount Replacement
2009 Kia Borrego
If this occurs, the driver would need to stop the vehicle with the parking brake or experience a possible second impact, increasing the risk of personal injury.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Pedals And Linkages
- Kia is recalling certain model year 2009 Borrego vehicles, manufactured from May 2, 2008, through January 20, 2009, equipped with non-adjustable brake pedals. Certain pedal mounts may have a fiberglass composition that allows them to break off in a collision where the impact has not immobilized the vehicle, which would then allow the vehicle to roll.
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake pedal mount, free of charge. The recall began on June 15, 2012. Owners may contact Kia consumer assistance center at 1-800-333-4542.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.