- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 2 days ago
- March 18: Theta II Engine Fires Investigated by State Attorneys General investigations | 6 days ago
- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 21 days ago
- February 28: Kia Sedona Recall Needed to Protect Child Passengers recalls | 24 days ago
Kia Recall SC163: Clutch Actuator Oil Leak May Cause Fire
2017 Kia Niro
An electrical short can increase the risk of a fire.
Hybrid Propulsion System
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2017 Kia Niro vehicles. The Hydraulic Clutch Actuator (HCA) inner oil seal may leak, allowing oil to accumulate in the cap area, possibly resulting in an electrical short.
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the HCA caps for leaked oil and replace the HCA assembly if needed, or replace the HCA cap with additional sealant. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall is expected to begin June 15, 2018. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC163.
Click a tab for more information.