- October 18: Hyundai Kia Settlement Reached In Car Fires Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- September 10: Kia Soul Fire Lawsuit Alleges Occupants Were Seriously Injured news | 40 days ago
- August 28: Kia Telluride Recall Ordered For Wrong Seat Belt Assemblies recalls | 53 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Cause 11 Class Action Lawsuits news | 54 days ago
- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 64 days ago
Kia Recall SC163: Clutch Actuator Oil Leak May Cause Fire
2017 Kia Niro
An electrical short can increase the risk of a fire.
Hybrid Propulsion System
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2017 Kia Niro vehicles. The Hydraulic Clutch Actuator (HCA) inner oil seal may leak, allowing oil to accumulate in the cap area, possibly resulting in an electrical short.
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the HCA caps for leaked oil and replace the HCA assembly if needed, or replace the HCA cap with additional sealant. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall is expected to begin June 15, 2018. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC163.
Click a tab for more information.