- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 4 days ago
- March 18: Theta II Engine Fires Investigated by State Attorneys General investigations | 8 days ago
- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 23 days ago
- February 28: Kia Sedona Recall Needed to Protect Child Passengers recalls | 26 days ago
Kia Recall SC168: Electrical Resistance At Main Relay May Cause Fire
2018 Kia Niro
The increased electrical resistance can overheat the rear seat which is above the PRA, increasing the risk of a fire.
Hybrid Propulsion System
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Kia Niro hybrid electric vehicles. The Main Relay within the Power Relay Assembly (PRA) may have inadequate connections between its contacts, causing increased electrical resistance.
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the Power Relay Assembly (PRA) for damage. If no damage is found, the main relay will be replaced. If damage is found, the PRA will be replaced. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began November 23, 2018. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC168.
Click a tab for more information.