- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 18 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 25 days ago
- June 19: Kia Optima Lawsuit Says Seat Left Man Partially Paralyzed news | 31 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 38 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 42 days ago
Kia Recall SC-051: Throttle Sticking
2003 Kia Sedona
This can cause the cable to stick, thus preventing the engine from returning to idle and causing the vehicle to maintain speed or accelerate. Such an event can occur without warning and could cause a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control — Cables
- On certain mini vans, freezing conditions can cause water on the throttle cable to freeze during normal operation. Resistance to movement of the throttle cable can occur when the driver lifts their foot off of the gas pedal.
- Dealers will modify a protective sleeve around the throttle cable. The recall began on August 15, 2005. Owners may contact Kia at 1-800-333-4542.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.