- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 12 days ago
- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 26 days ago
- March 18: Kia Recalls Optima Hybrids That Can Lose Power recalls | 32 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 33 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 59 days ago
Kia Recall SC-051: Throttle Sticking
2003 Kia Sedona
This can cause the cable to stick, thus preventing the engine from returning to idle and causing the vehicle to maintain speed or accelerate. Such an event can occur without warning and could cause a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control — Cables
- On certain mini vans, freezing conditions can cause water on the throttle cable to freeze during normal operation. Resistance to movement of the throttle cable can occur when the driver lifts their foot off of the gas pedal.
- Dealers will modify a protective sleeve around the throttle cable. The recall began on August 15, 2005. Owners may contact Kia at 1-800-333-4542.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.