2012 Lexus IS 350 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Lexus IS 350:

2012 Lexus IS 350 Owner Comments

May 152017

IS 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Lexus Is 350. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V006000 (air bags). However, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact spoke to mcgrath Lexus of Chicago 1250 w division St, Chicago, il 60642 who stated that the timeframe had been extended to December. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 232017

IS 350

Takata recall my local dealer does not have the parts necessary to remedy the problem. They put me on a wait list and said it could take 2 months for the them to get the parts. This Is Lexus san diego

- San Diego, CA, USA

Mar 202017

IS 350

Urgent safety recall front pass. Airbag inflator which can result in serious injury or death - no parts available & Lexus unable to give an eta for part. Unacceptable. What recourse do I have?

- Pleasanton, CA, USA

Oct 122015

IS 350

No one has contacted us about this hazard it has been a year what are they waiting for the car to get in an accident so they won't have to fix it I can't sell the car because of this problem I cant drive the car because of this problem what am I to do "??" 740-272-0472

- Bethany Beach, DE, USA

May 152013

IS 350

My Lexus 2012 Is 250 accelerated on its own, brakes did not engage after depressing them X2, and then I crashed into a truck. Air bag did not deploy. Reported to Lexus who assumed no responsibility for incident. Third party inspected car and downloaded black box. Report from Lexus stated that car was drive able and no issues were found. Car incurred $18,000 in damages and was not drivable at the time of inspection. Witnesses at collision shop will validate such. When speaking to representatives at Lexus to report incident I was told by 2 reps on 2 occasions that this has happened to other vehicles that were the same make and model. Disturbing

- San Diego, CA, USA