- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 31 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 31 days ago
- November 16: Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ Recalled recalls | 32 days ago
- November 13: Ford 'Door Ajar' Light Class-Action Lawsuit Makes Headway news | 35 days ago
- November 5: Ford Recalls Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 43 days ago
Lincoln Recall 16S19: Unexpected Transmission Downshift
2012 Lincoln Navigator
An unexpected downshift into first gear can cause the vehicle to slow down suddenly without warning and the rear tires may slide or lock, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Ford F-150 trucks, 2012 Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator, and Ford Mustang vehicles. The affected vehicles are equipped with an automatic transmission that may unexpectedly downshift to first gear, regardless of vehicle speed.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the powertrain control module with updated software, free of charge. The recall began on September 19, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S19.
- Documents (17)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Press Release
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - April 26, 2016 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Safety Recall 16S19
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB ...
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.