ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

7.5

$3,000

1. new wheels (2 reports)
2006 Lincoln Zephyr wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lincoln Zephyr:

2006 Lincoln Zephyr Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Zephyr

Just bought used 06 Zephyr and new tires are going flat. I guess not only are the outside chrome plating flaking off, but the inside of rim too! Very dangerous to be traveling at highway speeds on NOT SEALED tires!! Need recall!!

- Rob P., Erie, PA, USA

Dec 142015

Zephyr V6

Chrome on wheels peeling, so tires cannot make seal. This is a joke a lot people have the same problem. My car is perfectly maintained and still cannot with Ford. This simple a horrible chrome application! Yes I would say a safety issue when your damn wheels don't hold air because they are junk.

- yorkman1000, Elkhorn, NE, USA

May 242014

Zephyr

My 2006 Lincoln Zephyr only has 36,000 miles. It has been kept in mint condition since it was first purchased. I put brand new tires on it in January of 2014. In May of 2014 I started having problems with one of the tires holding air. I was told that the rim had a faulty seal that is not allowing the air to be safely contained in the tire.

Upon purchasing this car from a my great aunt in 2013, I purchased the Premium care extended warranty,. I was told by the Sales Representative that it would cover any and everything that could possible go wrong with the car in the future. Here I am now 10 months later and I am being told the Manufacture warranty and the extended warranty that I purchased doesn't cover this issue. I am highly upset over this matter as I see it to be a huge safety concern. I do not understand why there has not been a recall over this. My guess is probably the recall would cost more than what Lincoln values their customer safety and lives.

- dominoprime, Louisville, KY, USA

Jul 052008

Zephyr

the wheels are low quality and chip and flake, causing air in tires to deflate and/or go flat

- Kathleen P., Munhall, PA, USA