7.0

1. windshield replacement (3 reports)
2013 Mazda CX-5 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mazda CX-5:

2013 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments

May 012012

CX-5 GS 2.0L V4

First stone to hit windshield cracked it at the edge and crack continued to grow

- , Meaford, ON, Canada

Jun 152015

CX-5 GS 1.6L

click to see larger images

cracked windshield

My CX5 was parked in a lot all day in the hot sun. When I returned it had developed a crack from the "A" post extending 2 feet all the way to the center of the windshield. There is no evidence a a rock chip or any kind of vandalism. It leads me to believe there is a flaw with the windshield.

- , Burnaby, BC, Canada

Feb 092015

CX-5 GX 2.0L

It simply one day, went to get the car at my garage, there was a crack out of nowhere, with no point of impact. By the time I drove to work its length had increase 3X. By the same afternoon I consulted a windshield repair shop for possible no expensive fixes, but it was too late. They replace it for 200$ less than the dealer would have charged. The shop that repaired it told me "it would appear it is an stress crack", to which the dealer did nothing upon when advised.

- , Toronto, ON, canada

Nov 092014

CX-5

on another site, someone in Seattle indicated that the dealer (University Mazda) replaced the windshield without charge. Our dealer said no.

From the net, it appears that it is a "common" problem.

Why doesn't Mazda repair the known incidents?

- , Tulsa, OK, US