2014 Mazda CX-9 brakes problems: sudden loss of braking

Sudden Loss Of Braking

CarComplaints.com Seal Of

8.0

2014 Mazda CX-9 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mazda CX-9:

2014 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Sep 182018

CX-9 Grandsport 3.7L

click to see larger images

sudden loss of braking

2014 Mazda CX-9 was purchased with low mileage 10 k from Mazda Pampanga affiliate Carmix Pampanga. It has low mileage since it's a display unit and assigned to the executive of the company.

A month after usage I noticed a deteriorated rear pair stopper bump which I reported at Mazda and schedule for replacement. Since it's replaceable part it's ok for me and I schedule parts replacement worth 14 k Pesos plus undetermined labor.

Before the scheduled replacement while driving home for work I noticed soft braking that can not stop the car which forces me to double press the brake and I noticed that this is abnormal and can hit the car in front of me. I have to slow down until I arrive home. While parking on my garage I notice again soft braking that I almost hit my front garage room.

In view of the above, I schedule emergency service to Mazda pampanga which is 40 km from my home and since the Casa did not give any support I bring it to them.

For the whole day today, I wait for the diagnosis and mentioned to them the Brake problem I have experienced as well as the internet data on Mazda CX-9 problem. In the afternoon they advise me base on their ocular inspection My car has ABS problem and they need further diagnosis with a diagnostic fee of 7500 pesos. They advise me that they will inform me of further findings on the succeeding days.

Meanwhile, I have to leave the car for an undetermined number of days, possible reason for the brake problem and they did will advise me of future activities via phone.Remember I live 40 km way or another province, so it will difficult for me to immediately follow up or check my unit. Thank you

- Herman C., malolos, Philippines

Apr 172017

CX-9 LX

We are giving service regularly to Mazda authorised service centre(Mazda only) My warranty expire on oct-16.

last service done in Dec-16(24-12-16).

This problem happened suddenly while driving my car by my wife around 30 to 40 KM speed. the brake was not working and hard to push the brake pedal with hissing sound. We manage to stop the car without any injuries.

- Suresh R., Muscat, Oman