- December 28: Mazda Smart Brake Support Lawsuit Says Camera Overheats news | 24 days ago
- December 21: Mazda3 Automatic Emergency Braking Recall Issued recalls | 31 days ago
- December 11: Mazda Recall Ordered For Second Time To Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 41 days ago
- December 2: 2016 Mazda CX-5 Daytime Running Lights Cause Lawsuit news | 50 days ago
- November 23: Rear Seat Belt Reminder Systems Are Still Needed news | 59 days ago
Mazda Recall 1717K: Incorrect Valve Spring May Cause Engine Stall
2018 Mazda MAZDA3
An engine stall can increase the risk of a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Exhaust System
- Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain 2018 Mazda3 vehicles, equipped with an incorrect exhaust valve spring. The incorrect exhaust valve spring may fail while driving, potentially causing an engine stall.
- Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the engines and replace any incorrect exhaust valve springs, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 20, 2018. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500. Mazda's number for this recall is 1717K.
- Documents (7)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- November 22, 2017 - 2018 Mazda3 Exhaust Valve Spring Concern Safety Recall 1717K
- Miscellaneous Document - PARTS AND WARRANTY INFORMATION Recall Campaign 1717K
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-1
Click a tab for more information.