- February 13: 2006 Ford Ranger Owners Warned to Park the Trucks recalls | 4 days ago
- January 20: Mazda Recalls Mazda6, CX-7, CX-9, RX-8 and B-Series For Takata Airbags recalls | 28 days ago
- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 30 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 48 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 51 days ago
2006 Mazda MAZDA3
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Except for a minor issue with cracked motor mounts, the 2006 MAZDA3 is a fantastic vehicle with a great reputation.
If you need to replace the motor mounts, first ask your dealer if they'll cover it -- the motor mounts were dealt with in a TSB & were recalled for some model years. Otherwise buy aftermarket motor mounts -- owners report this solves the problem. If you use the same OEM parts, they may just crack again.
Worst 2006 MAZDA3 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 11
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 38
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- AC / heater problems1
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 26
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 20
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 16
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 15
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 14
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 13
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda MAZDA3 Model Years
Curious how the 2006 MAZDA3 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda MAZDA3 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the MAZDA3.