- November 19: Mazda Fuel Pump Recall Leads to Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- November 13: Mazda Fuel Pump Recall Issued For Impellers recalls | 22 days ago
- September 29: Mazda RX-8 and MazdaSpeed6 Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 68 days ago
- September 29: Mazda CX-9 SUVs Recalled For Second-Row Seat Dangers recalls | 68 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 89 days ago
Mazda Recall 1317F: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Explode
2009 Mazda MAZDA6
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Passenger Side — Inflator Module
- Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain 2007-2012 CX-7, CX-9, and 2009-2012 Maza6 vehicles. These vehicles had their passenger frontal air bag inflators previously replaced under a prior recall using inflators of the same design. The inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling.
- Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger air bag inflator with an alternate one, free of charge. The recall began December 3, 2019. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500, option 4. Mazda's number for this recall is 1317F. Note: This recall supersedes recalls 16V356 and 17V012.
- Documents (11)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Mazda Dealer Email 11/4/19
- ISSUED Renotification Notice - Hawaiian Outreach Mailer
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)- Spanish
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Mazda Dealer Email
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Miscellaneous Document - PARTS AND WARRANTY INFORMATION Recall Campaign 1317F
Click a tab for more information.