- November 12: Mazda6 Subframe Rust Investigation Closed After Recall investigations | 3 days ago
- October 24: Mazda Recalls 156,000 Vehicles Over Takata Airbags recalls | 22 days ago
- September 17: Mazda Recalls Mazda6 Cars For Rusted Cross Members recalls | 59 days ago
- August 21: Mazda Says It Didn't Falsify Fuel Economy and Emissions Inspections news | 86 days ago
Mazda Recall 8815J: Rebuilt Transmission Shift Lever May Disengage
2008 Mazda Tribute
If the shift lever disengages from the transmission, a driver may be unable to shift gear positions and the indicated shift position may not represent the gear position the vehicle is in. Should a disengagement occur while the vehicle is being driven, when the driver goes to stop and park the vehicle, the gear selection indicator may show that the transmission is in the "PARK" position, but the vehicle transmission may not actually be in the "PARK" gear position. If the vehicle is not in the "PARK" position there is a risk the vehicle will roll away as the driver and other occupants exit the vehicle or anytime thereafter. A vehicle rollaway increases the risk of injury to exiting occupants and bystanders.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Gear Position Indication (Prndl)
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Lever And Linkage — Floor Shift
- Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain model year 2008 Tribute vehicles manufactured February 9, 2007 to April 22, 2008. The affected vehicles have had their CD4E transmission replaced with remanufactured one that was rebuilt between June 11, 2015 through July 15, 2015. These service repair part transmissions have a shift lever bolt that may not be properly tightened. As a result, the shift control lever could disengage from the transmission without warning.
- Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the transmission and if necessary tighten the manual shift lever bolt or replace the manual shift lever assembly, free of charge. The recall began on November 30, 2015. Owners may contact Mazda Customer Experience Center at 1-800-222-5500, option#6. Mazda's number for this recall is 8815J.
- Documents (12)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Defect 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.