- February 21: Recall: Stop Driving Your 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 recalls | 24 days ago
- February 21: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C43 and C300 Vehicles recalls | 24 days ago
- January 9: Mercedes-Benz BlueTEC Lawsuit Filed by Arizona news | 67 days ago
- December 24: Mercedes-Benz Recalls Two Vehicles For Steering Problems recalls | 83 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Steering Rack Locknut May Fail, Affecting Steering
2015 Mercedes-Benz C300
A car that cannot be properly steered has an increased risk of a crash.
Steering — Rack And Pinion — Rack
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2015-2016 Mercedes Benz C300, 2017-2019 C300 Cabrio, C300 Coupe, C63 Cabrio, 2015 C63S AMG, 2018-2019 C300, C350e, C63 AMG, C63S AMG Cabrio, 2018 C63 AMG Cabrio, C63 AMG Coupe, C63S AMG, C63S AMG Coupe, E300, E400 Cabrio, E400 Coupe, 2019 CLS450, E450 Cabrio, and E450 Coupe rear-wheel drive vehicles. A locknut in the steering rack may break under high load, possibly causing the steering to become stuck in one position.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering rack, free of charge. An interim letter was mailed to owners on January 25, 2019. A second letter will be mailed once remedy parts are available. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
Click a tab for more information.