- January 12: Mercedes-Benz Recalls E-Class Vehicles For Airbag Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- January 12: Mercedes-Benz S560 and S450 Cars Recalled To Replace Brakes recalls | 13 days ago
- January 4: Mercedes-Benz Sunroof Glass Problems Cause Recall recalls | 21 days ago
- January 2: 3 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter Vans Recalled recalls | 23 days ago
- January 1: Mercedes-Benz Recall Failures Lead To $20 Million Settlement news | 24 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2018110002: Starter Battery Has Exposed Positive Cable
2018 Mercedes-Benz C300
If the battery is shorted, the emergency door unlocking would be deactivated for an outside responder and the short circuit could increase the risk of a fire.
Electrical System — Battery — Cables
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2018 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic Coupe, C300 4Matic Cabrio, E300, E300 4Matic, C300, C300 4Matic, C300 Coupe and C300 Cabrio vehicles. The cover for the starter battery may not cover the live positive electrical wire, and in certain crashes, the vehicle's strut brace may deform and short circuit the battery.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the positive pole cover, free of charge. The recall began November 27, 2018. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2018110002.
Click a tab for more information.