- August 18: Mercedes-Benz Recalls 475 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 58 days ago
- August 9: Mercedes-Benz Mars Red Paint Defect Lawsuit Filed news | 67 days ago
- July 26: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C-Class Cars For Loose Trim recalls | 81 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2015080001: Secondary Rubber Hood Seal
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS400
If the rubber seal falls into the engine compartment, it may contact parts of the engine or exhaust system, increasing the risk of a fire.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2016 Mercedes Benz E350, E400, E400 4Matic, E63 4M S AMG, E350 4Matic, E63-4M S AMG, 2015 CLS400, CLS400 4Matic, CLS550, CLS63-4M "P" AMG, and CLS550 4Matic vehicles manufactured April 16, 2015, to April 22, 2015. The integral steel cable that secures the rubber seal to the bulkhead might have been damaged due to the supplier rework of the rubber seal. In the event the rubber seal is not properly secured around the engine compartment, it is possible for the rubber seal to temporarily stick to the hood when it is opened and then may fall into the engine bay when the hood is closed.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rubber seal, in the engine compartment, free of charge. The recall began on September 2, 2015. MBUSA's number is 2015080001. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-201-573-5339.
- Documents (11)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: Recall Campaign 2015080001 Replace Seal on Secondary Bulkhead MY2016 Model 212 (E-Class), MY2015 Model 218 (CLS) DATE: August 26, 2015
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1 Mfr ID added
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.