- November 18: Recall: Mercedes-Benz Instrument Clusters recalls | 10 days ago
- November 6: Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Cars Recalled recalls | 22 days ago
- November 1: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLC Vehicles For Fire Risk recalls | 28 days ago
- October 21: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLC 350e Hybrid Electric Vehicles recalls | 39 days ago
- September 23: Mercedes-Benz Recalls 2020 GLB250 SUVs recalls | 67 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Wrong Control Unit Software Installed
2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS550
If the air bags do not deploy as intended in the event of a crash, there would be an increased risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
Electrical System — Software
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2016 AMG GT-S, GLC300, CLA250 and GLE300d 4Matic vehicles, 2013 C250, E350 BlueTec and G63 AMG vehicles, 2008-2014 C300 vehicles, 2013-2014 C300 4Matic and ML350 4Matic vehicles, 2009 C350 vehicles, 2014 CLS550, E350 4Matic, E350 Coupe 4Matic, E350 Wagon 4Matic, GLK350 and SL550 vehicles, 2012 CLS550 4Matic vehicles, 2012-2016 E350 vehicles, 2016-2017 GL450 4Matic vehicles, 2012-2014 ML350 4Matic BlueTec vehicles, 2015 S550, S550 4Matic and C300 4Matic Sedan vehicles, 2015-2016 C300 Sedan vehicles, and 2017 SL63 AMG vehicles. Various control units on these vehicles may have been updated with incorrect software, potentially affecting the correct deployment of the air bags in the event of a crash.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will update software in the affected control units, free of charge. The recall began April 21, 2017. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (8)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: New Recall Campaign DATE: March 31, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: Recall Campaign 2017030015 DATE: April 14, 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.