- August 9: Mercedes-Benz Mars Red Paint Defect Lawsuit Filed news | 6 days ago
- July 26: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C-Class Cars For Loose Trim recalls | 20 days ago
- July 16: Mercedes-Benz Recalls S-Class Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 30 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2017060004: Incorrect Torque On Steering Coupling
2016 Mercedes-Benz G550
The steering coupling wear may cause a loss of steering, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.(MBUSA) is recalling certain 2013-2016 G550 and G63 AMG vehicles and 2016 G65 AMG vehicles. The steering coupling may have been insufficiently tightened, resulting in the steering connection wearing.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering coupling, free of charge. The remedy is currently unavailable. Interim notifications informing owners of the safety risk were mailed May 27, 2017. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (10)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: New Recall Campaign with Retail Hold DATE: April 28, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: Recall Campaign Launch 2017060004 MY13-16 DATE: June 23, 2017
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report - #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - #2, 2017-3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.