- January 12: Mercedes-Benz Recalls E-Class Vehicles For Airbag Problems recalls | 15 days ago
- January 12: Mercedes-Benz S560 and S450 Cars Recalled To Replace Brakes recalls | 15 days ago
- January 4: Mercedes-Benz Sunroof Glass Problems Cause Recall recalls | 23 days ago
- January 2: 3 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter Vans Recalled recalls | 25 days ago
- January 1: Mercedes-Benz Recall Failures Lead To $20 Million Settlement news | 26 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2018020010: Brake Booster May Not Provide Power Assist
2017 Mercedes-Benz G550
Increased braking effort may increase the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Power Assist — Vacuum — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2017 Mercedes G550 & G550 4x4 Squared vehicles. The vacuum hose for the brake booster may collapse resulting in increased braking effort.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the vacuum hose, as necessary, free of charge. Parts are not currently available. Owners will be notified of the recall in January 2018 and they will receive a second letter when the parts become available, currently expected to be in March 2018. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-877-496-3691. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2018020010.
- Documents (7)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- January 5, 2018 - Recall Campaign Initial Notification Brake Booster Vacuum Hose MY17 463 (G-Class)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 3
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.