- January 9: Mercedes-Benz BlueTEC Lawsuit Filed by Arizona news | 13 days ago
- December 24: Mercedes-Benz Recalls Two Vehicles For Steering Problems recalls | 29 days ago
- December 16: Mercedes-Benz Mold Lawsuit Blames Evaporator Condensation news | 37 days ago
- December 13: 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 Recalled recalls | 40 days ago
- December 8: Seat Belt Buckles Cause Mercedes-Benz Recall recalls | 45 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2016120004: Classification System May Deactivate Air Bag
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE350
If the front passenger air bag does not deploy as necessary in the event of a crash, the front passenger has an increased risk of injury.
Air Bags — Frontal
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 GL350 4Matic Bluetec, GL550 4Matic, GLE350 4Matic, GLE43 AMG Coupe, GLE450 4Matic, 2016 GLE300d 4Matic, GLE350, GLE350d 4Matic, GLE400 4Matic, GLE550e 4Matic, GLE63 AMG, GLE63 AMG 4Matic, GLE63S AMG 4Matic Coupe, and 2017 GLS63 AMG vehicles manufactured April 23, 2014, to May 10, 2016. The front passenger seat Occupant Classification System (OCS) calibration may be incorrect, and as a result, the system can incorrectly classify the occupant as a child seat, deactivating the front passenger air bag.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will update the OCS software, free of charge. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.