- July 13: Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S Cars Recalled to Replace Driveshafts recalls | 3 days ago
- July 13: Mercedes-Benz GLE SUVs May Have Holes in the Floors recalls | 3 days ago
- June 24: Mercedes-Benz Metris Fuel Hose Investigation Closed investigations | 22 days ago
- May 21: Mercedes-Benz Metris Vans Recalled Over Power Steering recalls | 56 days ago
- May 20: 2019 Freightliner Sprinter and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans Recalled recalls | 57 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2018020002: Excess Insulation Impairing Air Bag Deployment
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE350
If the passenger's frontal air bag does not function as designed in the event of a crash, the front seat passenger has an increased risk of injury.
Visibility — Windshield
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2016 GLE300d 4Matic, GLE400 4Matic, GLE350 4Matic, GLE63 AMG, GLE63 AMG Coupe, GLE63S AMG and GLE63S AMG Coupe, and 2017 GLS450 4Matic, GLE550 4Matic, and GLE63 AMG 4Matic vehicles. These vehicles may have excess bulkhead insulation extending into the lower windshield area, possibly affecting the windshield bonding and the full protective function of the passenger's frontal air bag in the event of a crash.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will remove any excess bulkhead insulation and rework the windshield bonding, as necessary, free of charge. Interim owner letters will be mailed in December 2017. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy is available in late January 2018. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2018020002. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-877-496-3691.
- Documents (11)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- November 29, 2017 - Recall Campaign Initial Notification Rework Bulkhead Insulation MY16-17 166 292 (GLE-Class, GLE-Coupe Class)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 3
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 2
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- February 16, 2018 - Recall Campaign Launch Notification Rework Bulkhead Insulation MY16-17 166 292 (GLE-Class, GLE-Coupe Class)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 5
Click a tab for more information.