- October 11: Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagons Recalled For Detaching Rear Spoilers recalls | 8 days ago
- October 5: Mercedes-Benz Recall: Driver's Airbags May Fail recalls | 14 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLE350 4Matic and GLE450 4Matic SUVs recalls | 24 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Emissions Cheating Leads to Nearly $1 Billion Fine news | 24 days ago
- September 6: Mercedes-Benz NECK-PRO Lawsuit Filed as Class Action news | 43 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2018020002: Excess Insulation Impairing Air Bag Deployment
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE350
If the passenger's frontal air bag does not function as designed in the event of a crash, the front seat passenger has an increased risk of injury.
Visibility — Windshield
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2016 GLE300d 4Matic, GLE400 4Matic, GLE350 4Matic, GLE63 AMG, GLE63 AMG Coupe, GLE63S AMG and GLE63S AMG Coupe, and 2017 GLS450 4Matic, GLE550 4Matic, and GLE63 AMG 4Matic vehicles. These vehicles may have excess bulkhead insulation extending into the lower windshield area, possibly affecting the windshield bonding and the full protective function of the passenger's frontal air bag in the event of a crash.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will remove any excess bulkhead insulation and rework the windshield bonding, as necessary, free of charge. Interim owner letters will be mailed in December 2017. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy is available in late January 2018. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2018020002. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-877-496-3691.
- Documents (11)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- November 29, 2017 - Recall Campaign Initial Notification Rework Bulkhead Insulation MY16-17 166 292 (GLE-Class, GLE-Coupe Class)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 3
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 2
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- February 16, 2018 - Recall Campaign Launch Notification Rework Bulkhead Insulation MY16-17 166 292 (GLE-Class, GLE-Coupe Class)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 5
Click a tab for more information.