- July 1: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C300, E350 and GLC300 recalls | 40 days ago
- June 23: Mercedes-Benz Sunroof Class Action Says Glass Explodes news | 48 days ago
- June 18: Mercedes-Benz Recalls E-Class, GLC-Class and GT-Class Vehicles recalls | 53 days ago
- June 18: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLE450, GLS450 and GLS580 recalls | 53 days ago
- June 17: Mercedes-Benz Metris Driveshaft Recall Announced recalls | 54 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2017050013: Possible Loss Of Electric Power Steering Assist
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE350
If water enters the power steering control unit, the power steering assist may be deactivated, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2016 GLE300d 4Matic, E400 4Matic Coupe, GL63 AMG, GLE350, GLE350 4Matic, GLE350d 4Matic, GLE400 4Matic, GLE43 AMG Coupe 4Matic, GLE550e 4Matic, GLE63 AMG 4Matic, GLE63S AMG 4Matic and GLE63S AMG Coupe 4Matic vehicles, 2017 E300 4Matic and GLS63 AMG 4Matic vehicles, and 2016-2017 GL350 4Matic BlueTec, GL450 4Matic, and GL550 4Matic vehicles. The affected vehicles have an electric power steering connector that may be insufficiently sealed, allowing water to enter the control unit.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the connector and inspect the electric power steering rack, replacing the rack as necessary. These repairs will be performed free of charge. Remedy parts are currently unavailable. Interim notices informing owners of the safety risk are expected to be mailed June 30, 2017. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (10)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: Recall Campaign 2017050013 Launch Notification MY16-17 166, 292, 207, 213 (GLE-Class, GLS-Class, GLE-Coupe Class, E-Coupe, E-Class) Electric Power Steering Connector DATE: September 22, 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: New Recall Campaign with Retail Hold DATE: April 21, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: New Recall Campaign with Retail Hold 2017050013 DATE: May 26, 2017
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 3
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.