- August 9: Mercedes-Benz Mars Red Paint Defect Lawsuit Filed news | 5 days ago
- July 26: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C-Class Cars For Loose Trim recalls | 19 days ago
- July 16: Mercedes-Benz Recalls S-Class Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 29 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Windshield May Detach In A Crash/FMVSS 208, 212
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE350
If the windshield detaches in the event of a crash, the passenger frontal air bag may not be supported properly after it deploys, increasing the risk of injury.
Visibility — Windshield
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2016 GLE350 4Matic and GLS 450 4Matic vehicles. The windshield bonding may be insufficient and, as a result, the windshield may separate from the vehicle in a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection" and number 212, "Windshield Mounting."
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the windshield, free of charge. The recall began March 2017. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.