- August 18: Mercedes-Benz Recalls 475 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 1 days ago
- August 9: Mercedes-Benz Mars Red Paint Defect Lawsuit Filed news | 10 days ago
- July 26: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C-Class Cars For Loose Trim recalls | 24 days ago
- July 16: Mercedes-Benz Recalls S-Class Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 34 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2016110006: Seat Belt Extender May Not Retract As Intended
2016 Mercedes-Benz S550
In the event of a crash, if the seat belt extender does not retract and/or the extender breaks, the seat occupant may not be properly restrained, increasing their risk of injury.
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 S63 AMG Coupe, S65 AMG Coupe, S550 Coupe 4Matic, S63 AMG 4Matic Convertible, and S550 Convertible vehicles manufactured June 29, 2015, to March 15, 2016. The seat belt extenders on the affected vehicles may not retract as intended and may potentially break the event of a crash.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will update the control unit software, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in mid-December 2016. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (9)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.