- October 11: Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagons Recalled For Detaching Rear Spoilers recalls | 8 days ago
- October 5: Mercedes-Benz Recall: Driver's Airbags May Fail recalls | 14 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLE350 4Matic and GLE450 4Matic SUVs recalls | 24 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Emissions Cheating Leads to Nearly $1 Billion Fine news | 24 days ago
- September 6: Mercedes-Benz NECK-PRO Lawsuit Filed as Class Action news | 43 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2016110006: Seat Belt Extender May Not Retract As Intended
2016 Mercedes-Benz S550
In the event of a crash, if the seat belt extender does not retract and/or the extender breaks, the seat occupant may not be properly restrained, increasing their risk of injury.
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 S63 AMG Coupe, S65 AMG Coupe, S550 Coupe 4Matic, S63 AMG 4Matic Convertible, and S550 Convertible vehicles manufactured June 29, 2015, to March 15, 2016. The seat belt extenders on the affected vehicles may not retract as intended and may potentially break the event of a crash.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will update the control unit software, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in mid-December 2016. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (9)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.