- May 2: Mercedes-Benz Airbag Lawsuit Filed Over 'Sham Recall' news | 74 days ago
- April 17: Mercedes-Benz Sunroof Shattered, Says California Plaintiff news | 89 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2018010009: Door May Not Lock/ FMVSS 206
2017 Mercedes-Benz S63
If the door appears to be locked, the door may be unintentionally opened, increasing the risk of injury.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2017 GLE400 4Matic, GLE350 4Matic, GLE350, GLE550e 4Matic, GLE43 AMG 4Matic, GLE63 AMG 4Matic, GLS450, GLE63S 4Matic, GLS63 4Matic, S550e, S600, S63 AMG 4Matic, S65 AMG, S550, Mercedes-Maybach S600, Mercedes-Maybach S550 4Matic, GLE43 AMG 4Matic Coupe, GLE63S 4Matic Coupe, 2017-2018 GLS550 4Matic, S550 4Matic, 2018 S450, and S63 AMG 4Matic vehicles. The rear passenger door on the driver side may indicate that it is locked, when it may not be. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 206, "Door Locks and Door Retention Components."
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the left rear door lock, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in January 2018. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-877-496-3691.
- Documents (9)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- January 5, 2017 - Recall Campaign Initial Notification Left Rear Door Locks MY17166 222 292 (GLE-Class, GLS-Class, S-Class, GLE-Coupe Class)
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/ FMVSS 206
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 3
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- March 2, 2018 - RE: Recall Campaign 2018010009 Launch Notification - Left Rear Door Locks MY17-18 166 222 292 (GLE-Class, GLS-Class, S-Class, GLE-Coupe Class)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 4
Click a tab for more information.