- November 18: Recall: Mercedes-Benz Instrument Clusters recalls | 9 days ago
- November 6: Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Cars Recalled recalls | 21 days ago
- November 1: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLC Vehicles For Fire Risk recalls | 26 days ago
- October 21: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLC 350e Hybrid Electric Vehicles recalls | 37 days ago
- September 23: Mercedes-Benz Recalls 2020 GLB250 SUVs recalls | 65 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2002 110014: Mercedes-Benz/Trunk Floor Mats/Static Discharge
2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK230
This can damage the electrical system components located in the trunk, including the vehicle's battery.
Electrical System — 12v/24v/48v Battery
- On certain passenger vehicles, excessive static build-up in the trunk floor mats can cause a static discharge when individuals move or remove items from the trunk compartment.
- Dealers will install a static insulation panel between the carpet and the vehicle battery which will provide an electrical grounding. Owner notification began February 14, 2003. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Mercedes-Benz at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.