- July 13: Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S Cars Recalled to Replace Driveshafts recalls | 6 days ago
- July 13: Mercedes-Benz GLE SUVs May Have Holes in the Floors recalls | 6 days ago
- June 24: Mercedes-Benz Metris Fuel Hose Investigation Closed investigations | 25 days ago
- May 21: Mercedes-Benz Metris Vans Recalled Over Power Steering recalls | 59 days ago
- May 20: 2019 Freightliner Sprinter and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans Recalled recalls | 60 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Loss Of Vehicle Battery May Result In Rollaway
2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK300
In this situation, without the backup power supply, the only way to keep the vehicle from moving is to press the brake pedal. As soon as the driver attempts to exit the vehicle, the vehicle may roll, increasing the risk of injury.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2016 SLK300 vehicles manufactured June 2, 2015 to July 14, 2015 and equipped with a nine-speed automatic transmission. The backup power supply for the ignition switch in the affected vehicles may not have been properly connected. As a result, if the vehicle is being driven and there is a loss of power from the main vehicle battery, the transmission cannot be shifted to "Park" nor can the electric parking brake be applied.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will correct the ignition switch wiring and perform a software update, free of charge. The recall began on May 9, 2016. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.