- August 18: Mercedes-Benz Recalls 475 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 31 days ago
- August 9: Mercedes-Benz Mars Red Paint Defect Lawsuit Filed news | 40 days ago
- July 26: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C-Class Cars For Loose Trim recalls | 54 days ago
- July 16: Mercedes-Benz Recalls S-Class Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 64 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Loss Of Vehicle Battery May Result In Rollaway
2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK300
In this situation, without the backup power supply, the only way to keep the vehicle from moving is to press the brake pedal. As soon as the driver attempts to exit the vehicle, the vehicle may roll, increasing the risk of injury.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2016 SLK300 vehicles manufactured June 2, 2015 to July 14, 2015 and equipped with a nine-speed automatic transmission. The backup power supply for the ignition switch in the affected vehicles may not have been properly connected. As a result, if the vehicle is being driven and there is a loss of power from the main vehicle battery, the transmission cannot be shifted to "Park" nor can the electric parking brake be applied.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will correct the ignition switch wiring and perform a software update, free of charge. The recall began on May 9, 2016. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.