- October 29: Mercedes-Benz Metris Vans Recalled After Reported Fire recalls | 15 days ago
- October 11: Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagons Recalled For Detaching Rear Spoilers recalls | 33 days ago
- October 5: Mercedes-Benz Recall: Driver's Airbags May Fail recalls | 39 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLE350 4Matic and GLE450 4Matic SUVs recalls | 49 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Emissions Cheating Leads to Nearly $1 Billion Fine news | 49 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Loss Of Vehicle Battery May Result In Rollaway
2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK300
In this situation, without the backup power supply, the only way to keep the vehicle from moving is to press the brake pedal. As soon as the driver attempts to exit the vehicle, the vehicle may roll, increasing the risk of injury.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2016 SLK300 vehicles manufactured June 2, 2015 to July 14, 2015 and equipped with a nine-speed automatic transmission. The backup power supply for the ignition switch in the affected vehicles may not have been properly connected. As a result, if the vehicle is being driven and there is a loss of power from the main vehicle battery, the transmission cannot be shifted to "Park" nor can the electric parking brake be applied.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will correct the ignition switch wiring and perform a software update, free of charge. The recall began on May 9, 2016. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.