Mitsubishi Recall SR-16-001: Air Bag Deployment May Be Delayed Due To Corrosion
2014 Mitsubishi Mirage
In the event of a crash, corrosion of the connector could delay deployment of the frontal air bags, increasing the risk of injury to the driver and the front seat passenger.
Electrical System — Wiring
Air Bags — Frontal
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles manufactured July 27, 2013, to September 2, 2015. If the driver enters an affected vehicle with their feet covered water and salt, it may soak through the carpet and cause corrosion to a wiring connector located in a junction box behind a kick panel to the left of the driver's footrest.
- MMNA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the affected connectors, replacing any found to be corroded. A waterproof sheet will be installed over the connectors to prevent future corrosion. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in February 2016. Owners may contact MMNA customer service at 1-888-648-7820. MMNA's number for this recall is SR-16-001.
- Documents (13)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - SAFETY RECALL BULLETIN SUBJECT: SRS CONNECTOR CORROSION - SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN No: SR−16−001 DATE: February, 2016
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - January 22, 2016 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall for Driver Air Bag Inflator Replacement – 2004-2006 B-Series
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - * * ADVANCE TECHNICAL INFORMATION NOTICE * * DATE: February 2, 2016 RE: SRS Connector Corrosion - Safety Recall Campaign ATIN NO. ATIN-16-SR-001-A
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 18, 2015 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall Affecting Certain 2014 ‐ 2015 MY Mirage Located in Salt Belt States – Possible Corrosion in a Wiring Connector (SR‐16‐001)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.