- September 29: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders and Eclipse Cross SUVs recalls | 16 days ago
- September 25: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders With Wrong Wheel Rim Info recalls | 20 days ago
- September 22: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlander, Outlander PHEV, Outlander Sport and Eclipse Cross recalls | 23 days ago
- August 21: Mazda Says It Didn't Falsify Fuel Economy and Emissions Inspections news | 55 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall SR-16-008: Headlamp Clips May Not Be Properly Secured
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
Without the horizontal adjustment locking clip being secured, the headlight can be adjusted to either reduce the driver's visibility or blind oncoming vehicles. Both conditions can increase the risk of a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Headlights
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling certain model year 2017 Mirage vehicles manufactured October 28, 2015, to August 4, 2016 and equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps. The affected vehicles may have been assembled without the headlight horizontal adjustment lockout clips properly secured. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirement of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
- MMNA will notify owners, and dealers will secure the horizontal locking clips as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on September 3, 2016. Owners may contact MMNA customer service at 1-888-648-7820. MMNA's number for this recall is SR-16-008.
- Documents (10)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 108
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.