- April 18: Mitsubishi Recalls Lancers to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 7 days ago
- February 22: Mitsubishi Outlander Sports Recalled For Wiper Problems recalls | 62 days ago
- February 2: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders and Lancers After Sunroofs Fly Off recalls | 82 days ago
- February 2: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders For Parking Brake Problems recalls | 82 days ago
- February 1: Mitsubishi Recalls Lancers and Outlanders With Drive Belt Problems recalls | 83 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall SR-04-002: Mitsubishi/FMVSS 225/Owners Manual Instructions
2001 Mitsubishi Montero
If the tether strap is improperly installed to the tether anchor, the child safety seat may not be sufficient restrained. In the event of a crash, the child could be injured.
Equipment — Other — Owners/Service/Other Manual
- Certain sport utility and passenger vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 225, "child restraint anchorage systems." The owner's manual does not contain a step-by-step description for headrest adjustment when installing a child restraint system (crs) tether strap.
- A letter outlining the problem will be sent to owners along with a sticker containing the correct instructions as well as instructions on where to affix the sticker in the owner's manual. The recall began on March 29, 2004. Owners should contact Mitsubishi at 1-888-648-7820.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.