- April 18: Mitsubishi Recalls Lancers to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 4 days ago
- February 22: Mitsubishi Outlander Sports Recalled For Wiper Problems recalls | 58 days ago
- February 2: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders and Lancers After Sunroofs Fly Off recalls | 78 days ago
- February 2: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders For Parking Brake Problems recalls | 78 days ago
- February 1: Mitsubishi Recalls Lancers and Outlanders With Drive Belt Problems recalls | 79 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall SR-18-001: Belt Tensioner May Break Allowing Belt To Detach
2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
If the drive belt detaches, the battery will discharge and the engine will stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine — Gasoline — Belts And Associated Pulleys
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling certain 2009-2012 Lancer, 2008-2012 Outlander, 2010-2012 Lancer Sportback, and 2011-2012 Outlander Sport vehicles equipped with either a 4B11 or 4B12 engine. The drive belt automatic tensioner flange may crack, allowing the accessory drive belt to detach.
- MMNA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the belt tensioner with one that has an improved shape, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 27, 2018. Owners may contact MMNA customer service at 1-888-648-7820. MMNA's number for this recall is SR-18-001.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.