- September 29: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders and Eclipse Cross SUVs recalls | 52 days ago
- September 25: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders With Wrong Wheel Rim Info recalls | 56 days ago
- September 22: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlander, Outlander PHEV, Outlander Sport and Eclipse Cross recalls | 59 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall SR-18-001: Belt Tensioner May Break Allowing Belt To Detach
2012 Mitsubishi Outlander
If the drive belt detaches, the battery will discharge and the engine will stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine — Gasoline — Belts And Associated Pulleys
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling certain 2009-2012 Lancer, 2008-2012 Outlander, 2010-2012 Lancer Sportback, and 2011-2012 Outlander Sport vehicles equipped with either a 4B11 or 4B12 engine. The drive belt automatic tensioner flange may crack, allowing the accessory drive belt to detach.
- MMNA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the belt tensioner with one that has an improved shape, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 27, 2018. Owners may contact MMNA customer service at 1-888-648-7820. MMNA's number for this recall is SR-18-001.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.