Mitsubishi Recall SR-17-003: Water Intrusion May Cause Wiper Motor Failure
2013 Mitsubishi Outlander
Failure of the wiper motor can cause a loss of visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
Visibility — Windshield Wiper/Washer — Motor
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling certain 2007-2013 Outlander vehicles. In the affected vehicles, water may drop between the hood and the windshield and leak into the wiper motor breathing hole. The water may cause internal corrosion of the windshield wiper motor and the possible failure of the motor.
- MMNA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the wiper motor, free of charge. The recall began July 28, 2017. Owners may contact MMNA customer service at 1-888-648-7820. MMNA's number for this recall is SR-17-003.
- Documents (8)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - ADVANCE TECHNICAL INFORMATION NOTICE DATE: July 27, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - No: WM-OU-01-17 Date: July 27, 2017
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - No: SR−17−003 DATE: July 2017
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.