2014 Mitsubishi Outlander seat belts / air bags NHTSA complaints: Seat Belts

NHTSA — Seat Belts Problems

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander:

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Owner Comments

Jul 252015

Outlander

I had a accident with my 3 children in the car with me. I was driving on a 6 lane highway & hit a car that was in the middle lane as it came to a complete stop for no apparent reason other than reaching for something in the floorboard. The damage was to the front end of my Outlander, needing to replace the bumper, hood, lights, A/C condenser & more. None of the 7 airbags in my car were deployed & none of the seatbelts locked. I was told from a local Mitsubishi dealer that if there was an issue, there would be a code in the computer, so therefore they say there is nothing wrong with my Outlander or the safety restraint system.

- Indialantic, FL, USA

Jul 172014

Outlander

The contact owns 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander. The contact stated that the seat belts were not working properly and the latch would become stuck. A small child became stuck in the seat belts and the contact had to remove the child by her feet in order to remove her from the seat belt. The dealer had not been notified of the failure. The approximate mileage at the time of failure was 7,000. The VIN was not available.

- Water Town, NY, USA

Jun 262013

Outlander 4-cyl

The center seat belt is very unsafe. Once the latch is release, it goes back to the top corner, but it hit my son in the eye and forehead. Once you remove the seat belt( center passenger), the belt rolls up very quickly(upper back corner), so the passenger on the third row has to be careful. I have three boys and they are not very careful and they also assume that the seat belt would not roll up so quickly. It very unsafe and bad designed.

- Phillips Ranch, CA, USA