- April 18: Mitsubishi Recalls Lancers to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 4 days ago
- February 22: Mitsubishi Outlander Sports Recalled For Wiper Problems recalls | 58 days ago
- February 2: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders and Lancers After Sunroofs Fly Off recalls | 78 days ago
- February 2: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders For Parking Brake Problems recalls | 78 days ago
- February 1: Mitsubishi Recalls Lancers and Outlanders With Drive Belt Problems recalls | 79 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall SR-18-002: Parking Brake Actuators May Corrode
2016 Mitsubishi Outlander
If the parking brake actuator shaft binds, the parking brake may not engage or disengage fully. If the parking brake does not engage properly, the vehicle may move unexpectedly if it is parked on a slope, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling certain 2014-2016 Outlander and 2013-2016 Outlander Sport vehicles. Water may enter the rear brake calipers causing the parking brake actuator shafts to corrode and possibly bind.
- MMNA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear brake calipers and replace the parking brake boot and lever or the brake caliper body, as necessary. Dealers will also replace the piston assembly of the rear brake caliper. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 27, 2018. Owners may contact MMNA customer service at 1-888-648-7820. MMNA's number for this recall is SR-18-002.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.