- September 29: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders and Eclipse Cross SUVs recalls | 16 days ago
- September 25: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders With Wrong Wheel Rim Info recalls | 20 days ago
- September 22: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlander, Outlander PHEV, Outlander Sport and Eclipse Cross recalls | 23 days ago
- August 21: Mazda Says It Didn't Falsify Fuel Economy and Emissions Inspections news | 55 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall SR-14-011: Seat Belt Lap Fastener Not Torqued Properly
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
A loosened and weakened fastener may not be capable of withstanding the load forces associated with a vehicle crash, leaving the seat occupant insufficiently restrained and increasing the risk of injury.
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (Mitsubishi) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Outlander Sport vehicles manufactured July 20, 2012, to July 23, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the front passenger seat belt lap end attachment fastener may not be torqued to specification, and the fastener may loosen with time.
- Mitsubishi will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the seat belt lap end attachment fastener, free of charge. The recall began on December 1, 2014. Owners may contact Mitsubishi customer service at 1-714-372-6000. Mitsubishi's number for this recall is SR-14-011.
- Documents (11)
- Recall Quarterly Report 2014-Q4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - Amended Rev 1
- Recall 573 Report - Amended Rev 2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Issued Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.