- September 29: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders and Eclipse Cross SUVs recalls | 17 days ago
- September 25: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders With Wrong Wheel Rim Info recalls | 21 days ago
- September 22: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlander, Outlander PHEV, Outlander Sport and Eclipse Cross recalls | 24 days ago
- August 21: Mazda Says It Didn't Falsify Fuel Economy and Emissions Inspections news | 56 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall SR-17-008: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2016 Mitsubishi i-MiEV
An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling all 2016-2017 i-MiEV vehicles, equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag, these inflators may rupture due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- MMNA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger side frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. The recall began on December 15, 2017. Owners may contact MMNA customer service at 1-888-648-7820. MMNA's number for this recall is SR-17-008.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.