- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 3 days ago
- March 21: Nissan Recalls 370Z Cars to Fix Curtain Airbags recalls | 29 days ago
- March 17: Nissan Recalls JUKEs For Second Time For Same Problems recalls | 33 days ago
- March 9: Nissan Wants Continuously Variable Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 41 days ago
- March 8: Nissan Sentra Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
Nissan Recall : Nissan/FMVSS 102/Shift Cable Lock Plate
2000 Nissan Frontier
If the driver selects 'drive' and the transmission is actually in 'reverse', a vehicle crash could occur.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Vehicle description: Pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions fail to comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 102, "transmission shift lever sequence, starter interlock, and transmission braking effect. " these vehicles could have a shift cable lock plate that is too brittle and can break. The gear shift lever and the "prndl" indicator may move, but the transmission will not shift out of the park position. Over a period of time, the transmission could shift out of the park position, but the gear indicated on the display may differ from the gear engaged in the transmission.
- Dealers will replace the automatic transmission shift cable lock plate.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.