- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 13 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 21 days ago
- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 56 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 78 days ago
Nissan Recall : Nissan/FMVSS 102/Shift Cable Lock Plate
2000 Nissan Frontier
If the driver selects 'drive' and the transmission is actually in 'reverse', a vehicle crash could occur.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Vehicle description: Pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions fail to comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 102, "transmission shift lever sequence, starter interlock, and transmission braking effect. " these vehicles could have a shift cable lock plate that is too brittle and can break. The gear shift lever and the "prndl" indicator may move, but the transmission will not shift out of the park position. Over a period of time, the transmission could shift out of the park position, but the gear indicated on the display may differ from the gear engaged in the transmission.
- Dealers will replace the automatic transmission shift cable lock plate.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.