- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 7 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 11 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 16 days ago
- December 2: Goodyear All-Terrain Tire Lawsuit Nets Plaintiff Millions news | 16 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 16 days ago
Nissan Recall : Nissan/FMVSS 102/Shift Cable Lock Plate
2000 Nissan Frontier
If the driver selects 'drive' and the transmission is actually in 'reverse', a vehicle crash could occur.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Vehicle description: Pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions fail to comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 102, "transmission shift lever sequence, starter interlock, and transmission braking effect. " these vehicles could have a shift cable lock plate that is too brittle and can break. The gear shift lever and the "prndl" indicator may move, but the transmission will not shift out of the park position. Over a period of time, the transmission could shift out of the park position, but the gear indicated on the display may differ from the gear engaged in the transmission.
- Dealers will replace the automatic transmission shift cable lock plate.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.