- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 1 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 5 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 10 days ago
- December 2: Goodyear All-Terrain Tire Lawsuit Nets Plaintiff Millions news | 10 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 10 days ago
Nissan Recall R1037: Steering Column Lower Shaft
2004 Nissan Frontier
The shaft may break which could result in loss of steering control during these low speed maneuvers increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Column
- Nissan is recalling certain model year 2002-2004 Frontier vehicles manufactured from July 9, 2001 through October 20, 2004, and model year 2002-2004, xterra vehicles manufactured from July 9, 2001, through January 6, 2005. Over time corrosion may form in the lower steering column joint and limit movement of the joint. The limited movement of this joint may create excessive load on the lower steering column shaft. If the vehicle continues to be driven in this condition, it may lead to cracking of the shaft during low speed maneuvers that require large steering inputs.
- The steering column shaft and joint will be replaced with a shaft of a different design. This service will be performed free of charge. The recall began on December 13, 2010. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.