CarComplaints.com Notes: Radiators are still cracking, leaking coolant and destroying transmissions. Which is a shame when you consider that otherwise, this would be a great small pickup truck.

6.0

$420

1. replace entire fuel pump, sending unit (1 reports)
  2. replace IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module) (1 reports)
2006 Nissan Frontier engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Frontier:

2006 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Dec 132015

Frontier Nismo 4.0L

VEHICLE ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON, WAS ABOUT A MONTH, JUST THOUGHTIT WAS THE FLOAT OR SOMETHING , FUEL GAGE REGISTERED EMPTY AFTER FULL TANK BUT AFTER DRIVING MAYBE 10-15 MILES IT REGISTERED, SO I FILL UP WEEKLY.

TUESDAY , DEC 8, 2015, AFTER FILLING UP MY TRUCK JUST QUIT AFTER DRIVING 15 MILES, TOOK ABOUT A MINUTE TO RESTART , THIS IS IN TRAFFIC , WHEN THE TRUCK QUIT: YOU HAVE NO POWER NO CONTROL AND EVEN THE BRAKES MUST BE PRESSED VERY HARD TO STOP.THAT CAN BE A VERY SCARY FEELING. I TOOK THE VEHICLE TO A FRIEND THAT HAS A SCAN READER, IT POPPED UP AS THE FUEL SENDING UNIT IS READING HIGH AND IS GOING OUT. I CALLED THE THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT OF NEW CITY NISSAN (808) 5422111 ON SATURDAY THE 12 DEC 2015, THEY SAID THEY WILL CALL BACK, I HAVENT HEARD FROM THE TILL TODAY, BECAUSE I WANTED TO FIND OUT THE COST OF REPAIR, SINCE I WORK 6 DAYS A WEEK AND SUNDAY IS MY ONLY DAY OFF AND SERVICE DEPARTMENT IS CLOSED.

THJE LAST STRAW WAS WHEN SUNDAY 14 DEC 2015I WAS DRIVING ON THE H3 HIGHWAY COMING DOWN AND THE TRUCK QUIT , IT WAS VERY SCARY AS NO POWER AND TRYING TO STOP THE VEHICLE AND VEHICLES WHIZZING BY ME I COULD ALMOST SEE MYSELF TAKING THE 1,000 FEET DROP. I AM NOW USING A FRIENDS VEHICLE IN THE MEANTIME UNTIL I CAN FIX IT NISSAN REALLY NEEDS A RECALL AND FIX THIS PROBLEM BEFORE SOMEONE REALLY GETS INJURED OR DIES WHILE DRIVING THIS MODEL

- Larry O., Aiea, HI, US

Nov 032009

Frontier SE V6

On November 3rd 2009 I was on my way to work when my truck...which had always run like a charm...lost power while accelerating and began to slow...I was able to make a right turn onto a side street and pull over...my truck still running, until I stopped...the check engine light was flashing furiously. The truck was literally rocking each time I tried to restart...then as suddenly as it started...it stopped and the truck ran fine for a bit.

Two days before this, it had done the same thing just one time...I was on my way to the store, and it lost power, check engine light began flashing and then died completely after pulling into a parking lot and stopping...after a few minutes the truck started again, and ran fine...check engine light did not come back on and there was no other problem until 2 days later.

On the 3rd, after doing the exact same thing for the 2nd time, and then starting again...I decided to head over to the Nissan Dealership...approximately 5 or 6 miles from where I was...Maybe half way there, going through town, it started acting up again...once again, not dying until I pulled over and stopped...This time however, it took several attempts before restarting...as a matter of fact, giving up, I finally called roadside assistance to come and get me when with one more attempt the truck started....Roadside assistance stayed on the phone with me until I reached the dealership, although my truck did not act up again....

Upon arriving at the dealership, I turned my truck off and went into the service dept to tell them what was happening...THE TRUCK COULD NOT BE RESTARTED...I was told that the IPDM (computer / circuit board) that runs the truck had gone bad...and needed to be replaced...(it just happens sometimes, I was told)....So 7 days and $413 dollars later, I picked my truck up from the dealership...Although the truck ran...it didn't seem to have the power and pickup it once had.

- R M., Gonzales, LA, US