2018 Nissan Rogue brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Nissan Rogue:

2018 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jun 082019

Rogue

When going through an intersection at approximately 40 or 45 mph, with no other vehicles visible in front or behind, the car gave a warning, flashed the safety system to red, and engaged the brakes. The car decelerated rapidly, the driver hit the brakes briefly, not long enough to come to a stop. The safety system went back to normal, the driver was able to accelerate and continue driving and the car behaved normally afterwards. This is the second time it has done this in a few week's time.

- Bedford, VA, USA

Jun 082019

Rogue

Whilst taking my wife to work driving on a local road. At 45 mph the vehicle makes 3 beeps and then a grinding sound the vehicle then suddenly slows as if to apply the brakes when detecting an imminent crash. I take my foot off the gas and the vehicle then recovers and functions normally.keeping in mind I've only had this vehicle for 6 months and currently have 11,286 miles on it to have sensor and braking issues is very scary and dangerous especially when it's your family hauler

- Ballston Spa, NY, USA

May 232019

Rogue

Automatic emergency brake (aeb) engaged spontaneously while driving and no apparent obstruction was nearby.

- Stow, OH, USA

Apr 242019

Rogue

I was driving down the street one day no one around me, no object, was not on auto control, and my car automatically brakes on its own while driving. Had it done that while it was a busy road it would of caused an accident.

- Thornton, CO, USA

May 252019

Rogue

The car brakes unexpectedly and skid. This has happened twice and there were no vehicles in front of me. There was no reason for the car to brake and stop on its own. This happened as I was exiting the highway and was make a turn on a city street.

- Bronx, NY, USA

May 172019

Rogue 6-cyl

I was driving on a back road of which the speed limit was 45. I had slowed down to 34 as I came into a curve. The car went off the road as I came into the curve just a little. I turned the wheel to get the car back on the road but the steering wheel did not respond. The car continued off the road and sped up, I tried to stop the car with the brakes and they didn't respond either. The car continued to speed up and slammed headon into a large tree. I tried everything I could to turn away and stop the car with no success at all. I had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance. Thankfully nothing broken but severely bruised and banged up. I have whiplash, a severe seatbelt burn across by neck, shoulder, collar bone and chest. Serious bruising on both hips, left knee, right hand and foot, lower abdomen and chest. VIN is not available. Consumer states contact rodrigo enterprises for permission to distribute content.

- Marion, NC, USA

May 212019

Rogue

I was driving down a highway going 60 mph, no cars around me, when the aeb sensor started to go off and then braked harshly with a screeching noise. This is the first time the brakes were engaged, second time the warning sensor went off in less than 3 months.

- Massena, NY, USA

May 062019

Rogue

First issue was about a month ago and was the navigation screen. It would not turn on when car was on and would go blank. I took to the dealership and they just reset and update. Some weeks pass by and the second time I have an issue was within this past week and was again because navigation screen was doing it again and going blank, not working but on top of several extras. I was in our parking lot going to park my car so I was going about 7-10 miles per hour and all of a sudden out of nowhere my car came to an abrupt halt! it breaked on its own and there were no active vehicles pulling out for it to do that. It did it 3 times on 3 different occasions but the last one scared me because I did have vehicles behind and I would have been hit, it would not have been their fault if my car was acting up as such. Then a week later I had random lights on my dashboard turn on with no reason to light up, all this while driving a regular 40 mph road, I had in one day the collision light, the ABS and the ! turn on at different times. So I take it back to the dealership on 5-20-19 only for them to update and reset again. My car is too new to be doing that.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Rogue

The software update for the aeb system provided by Nissan did not fix the problem of the aeb engaging at random.

- Manhasset, NY, USA

Mar 282019

Rogue

I recently saw a complaint regarding "unintended braking due to the automatic emergency braking (aeb) system engaging with no apparent obstruction in the path of the vehicle." I believe this exact thing happened to me going approx 50-60mph on the highway with no other vehicles in my path. Scared the crap out of me but it only lasted for a few seconds and has not happened again (yet). Date of occurrence is approximate.

- Fidelity, IL, USA

Rogue

I was driving and the automatic braking system that is supposed to stop you if going to crash decided to go kick int with nothing in front of me while driving on a normal road no cars and no obstructions, we were almost hit from the back but the car was able to swerve and didn't hit us. This happened a total of 3 times. I took it in and the dealership knew of the problem and said they could fix it. I think there should be a recall it was very scary and unavoidable.

- Norwalk, CT, USA

Rogue

Over the past 3 months, while driving on the highway, I would hear a series of 3 beeps and the collision detect warning light would light up for a brief moment. This has happened about 6 times. On one occasion the vehicle slowed down briefly as well. However, last week while driving on a residential street near my home, driving about 25 mph, the vehicle made the 3 beep sound and this time came to a sudden and extreme stop. It also made a grinding noise which I assume was from the brakes being applied suddenly.

- Howard Beach, NY, USA

Rogue

Automatic breaking system engages on its own. I keep getting malfunction warnings every time I turn the car on and drive a few minutes. It has come on even when the car was parked.

- Wayne, MI, USA

Rogue

Car will say obstruction ahead while in motion and then dead stop. This happens in parking garages, if the road has a dip and a puddle, under bridges, going at speeds from 5-15mph. Most recent time happened May 5 2018, this time it dead stopped with a red photo meaning collision in the garage, nothing was in front of the car the car was in motion when it stopped, the breaks were rock solid, car took time to move after gas pedal was hit. This is a multiple time incident.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Rogue

While in motion at 10 mph, with no obstruction anywhere around my car, the automatic emergency breaks deployed for a couple of seconds and it significantly slowed my car down. This happened 3 times already on a street. I am afraid that it might happen on the freeway and that I will be rear-ended. When this happens, there is no pre-warning. The car takes control of the breaks and slows it down forcefully and abruptly. This problem is definitely a safety issue. This might cause potential harm to myself, my passengers, and other drivers on the road. It might be fatal if my Rogue deploys the aeb abruptly and forcefully on the freeway at high speeds.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Apr 082019

Rogue

Aeb activates when driving causing vehicle to stop suddenly for no reason. There is nothing to trigger this, vehicle just stops. This has happened 5 times to me. Nissan sent out a notice that there was a software upgrade available to eliminate this from happening. Once software was upgraded, happened 1 time again as I approached railroad tracks.. took to dealer, vehicle currently has 12,700 miles, dealer unable to duplicate problem. Nissan has acknowledged "no fix" and to return to dealer if problem occurs again. Have filed a complaint with Nissan Consumer Affairs case #35496726, with no satisfactory resolution. Do not feel safe driving this vehicle.

- Dakota Dunes, SD, USA

Apr 282019

Rogue

Driving local in city street heading straight aprox. 25 miles an hour. Brake system engaged in a lock up causing a grinding an hault. Happens for a couple of seconds & then released back to normal. Almost causing to be rear ended. This is not the 1st. Time of this occurrence taken place.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Apr 202019

Rogue

This has happened twice in the last 2 months. While driving at around 35 mph the breaking system engages for no apparent reason causing the car to rapidly slow to almost a stop. In both cases there has been nothing in front of the vehicle to cause this. Vehicle loses speed at a rapid pace causing the occupants to be thrown forward into the seatbelts. Once at very slow speed the breaks release and the vehicle operators normal. Both time this has happened on a city street with the car in drive.

- Statesville, NC, USA

Apr 162019

Rogue

Automatic emergency breaks engage at random times. There is never anything in front of the vehicle or in its path, but the car beeps, shakes, and the breaks engage at random moments.

- Cortlandt Manor, NY, USA

Mar 012019

Rogue

During normal driving, dry roads, in both daylight and night driving emergency braking activated and there was no object in front of vehicle. It has happened several times and events also occurred after vehicle was returned to the dealer for a "software update."

- Galloway, NJ, USA