2018 Nissan Rogue brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Nissan Rogue:

2018 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Feb 012019

Rogue

TL- the contact owns a 2018 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated while driving 25 mph, when the emergency break system was activated. The contact stated she heard an abnormal noise but was able to park on the side of the road.the vehicle was taken to local dealer garden city Nissan located at 316 N franklin St, hempstead, NY 11550, (516) 483-4400, where they were unable to duplicate the failure. The contact states she has experience the same failure 3 times. The manufacturer has been informed of failure. The failure mileage was 5,000.dp

- Lloyd Harbor, NY, USA

Aug 242018

Rogue

TL- the contact owns a 2018 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, the automatic braking system would engage independently without warning and stop the vehicle. The contact stated that the failure occurred numerous times. In addition, the contact stated that while pulling into the driveway, the failure occurs without warning. The vehicle was taken three times for the same failure to heritage Nissan dealer, (1500 veterans memorial hwy ne, rome ga 30161, (706) 291-1981) where a diagnostic testing was completed, the technician did not disclosure the cause of the failure. The contact also stated that the navigation system and all electrical system failed to function each time the vehicle powered off. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and provided a case number: 36969839. The approximate failure mileage was 22,000.

- Rockmart, GA, USA

Sep 122018

Rogue

The ABS activated early in the morning with sun shining through an overhead train signal. I have filed two request for buy back but Missouri has poor lemon laws and allows to keep replacing radar sensor. They have put the fourth one on but the service manager warned me that the system is better but will still activate with my initial complaint if the sun is shining on an overhead object that the system thinks is in front of it. I was on a four lane hyway. Vehicle had 1200 miles and when I phoned concern the service manager told me exactly where I was when it happened.

- Marble Hill, MO, USA

Sep 162019

Rogue

While my vehicle was in motion on a county owned road with no vehicles in front of my automatic emergency braking system went off causing my vehicle to abruptly stop in the road, thankfully there were no vehicles behind me at the time

- East Rockaway, NY, USA

Jul 112019

Rogue

On the freeway the brakes inexplicably engage forcing the Rogue into a hard and dangerous deceleration.

- Alamo, CA, USA

Aug 152019

Rogue

While driving on freeway, brakes inexplicably engage resulting in rapid and dangerous deceleration.

- Alamo, CA, USA

Aug 302019

Rogue

The automatic breaking system keeps glitching. Nothing is in front of us and it brakes and jerks the car to the side. We have serviced the car 3 times for this issue. They provided a system update and it has happened over 4 times since the new update. Nissan said it's normal and could be caused by ┐rain, bugs, ┐air┐ ┐ at this rate. I┐M sure a fly is not setting off my brake system while going 70 mph.. it happens randomly. I┐M tired of braking going 70. My kids life's are more important then a system update. Nissan said they could see our car had error codes but said it was normal. These need to be recalled. These photos were different times

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Mar 132019

Rogue

Twice I have gotten this error (see attached photos) while merging onto interstate in March 2019 I only took photos the first time and once I have had the brakes automatically attempt to stop the car on a regular road in July 2019. I did contact the local Nissan dealer and was told my car was not in the group to have repair.

- Brandon, FL, USA

Sep 032019

Rogue

Car anti collision causes car to stop on own when nothing is in front of it.this is very dangerous. I've almost been rear ended several time.

- West Sayville, NY, USA

Mar 122019

Rogue

Automatic braking system engages without any vehicles or obstructions present.the vehicle was in motion and on at least 5 different times the auto safety braking system engaged for no reason creating a hazzard for myself and other motorists.

- Hicksville, NY, USA

Feb 152019

Rogue

While driving on a 4-lane city street, the vehicle jerked (stopped, started, stopped, started) by itself with the warning buzzard sounding as if the brakes were being pumped.. we had just driven over a railroad track about 50 feet behind us when this occurred. This happened roughly 8 months ago and has not happened since, thankfully. We had owned the vehicle only 3 months at the time, and thought something had to trigger this, knowing it was not me applying the brakes. I've driven over these same tracks hundreds of times since with no incident. Never thought more of this until the news broke of the problem.

- Deland, FL, USA

May 272019

Rogue

TL-the contact owns a 2018 Nissan Rogue. While driving 45 -50 mph the vehicle braked and stop without warning however continued to work as designed.the contact called darling's Honda Nissan Volvo 114 sylvan rd, bangor, me 04401(207) 941-1460 who stated that there may have been a obstruction in the road. But was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 1,000.ap

- Milbridge, ME, USA

Sep 122019

Rogue

I have been experiencing issues with my safety features. The car will automatically brake when going down a steep hill. Sometimes the sensor will go off on a straight road with no one in front of me. This began early 2919. Nissan replaced the sensors due to the issues and a recall. Since then, the sensor still goes off randomly and frequently malfunctions. Nissan is going to replace the part again, but I'm still not confident issues will be resolved. This is a safety issue that we should not have to gamble with. Braking at the wrong time could cause serious injury or death!

- Medford, WI, USA

Sep 012019

Rogue

Car stops suddenly for no reason! almost killed us at least four times! told Nissan said they fixed the software update ! however continues to happen throwing people around and almost got rear ended on parkway !!!!!!!!!

- Franklin Square, NY, USA

Jun 242019

Rogue

I purchased the 2018 Rogue April 27, 2019. On June 24, 2019 as I approached a green traffic light, warning lights and alarms went off in the car. I could not figure out why as there were no obstructions, the suddenly the car came to a screeching stop. I was of course terrified. The car resumed normal operation after about 30 seconds.

- Henrico, VA, USA

Sep 102019

Rogue

Sudden and unexpected application of emergency brake while driving the 2018 Nissan Rogue. This has occurred twice within last week or so.

- Mccordsville, IN, USA

Sep 112019

Rogue

Wen my wife was driving in the highway the eab brakes come on. Making a loud grounding noice two times and the car almost stop in the middle of the highway she was lucky because was. No other cars close to her we afraid to drive this car enymore

- New York, NY, USA

Aug 272019

Rogue

Vehicle is experiencing a random and repetitive engagement of the aeb system with no apparent reason for activation. In some instances, it is merely a warning and others a full hard braking. The problem first occurred during initial day of ownership on March 13, 2018. Dealer stated that Nissan was aware of some issues and was working on a solution. Problem continued to reoccur and a software update (ntb 18-041A) was completed on March 1, 2019. The update did not solve the problem. On August 20, 2019 vehicle was again brought in and documented that the system had failed showing ┐radar stain code C1A16┐. a forward emergency braking sensor was to be ordered as soon as the Nissan computer network was restored to service. Dealer contacted me when part came in and an installation appointment was set for August 27. When I arrived for the install, service advisor informed me that a 'service bulletin┐ had come on that morning relating to the aeb issue and refused to install the malfunctioning part. The reason given was that the field service action (P9327 Rogue aeb ntb19-064) required a current stain code and none had occurred since the diagnosis a week earlier. A complaint was made to Nissan (case # 36911652) on the afternoon of August 27. I received a call from Nissan the following day stating that they would not replace the part unless another failure occurs. In an effort to understand their response I asked them one simple question: ┐if I understand you correctly, I have to experience another instance that could result in an accident or injury before the sensor can be installed?┐ Nissan's response was simply yes.

- Saratoga Springs, NY, USA

Aug 202019

Rogue

Driving 35 down the road when all of a sudden my emergency braking system starting stopping my vehicle abruptly alarms and flashing lights going off. There were no cars in front of me. Just out of the blue. My vehicle only has 6500 miles on it. I was very frightened. I called Nissan and they did not seem to concerned and didn't know what to tell me. They can get me in to look at it in 5 days. In the mean time I am frightened to drive it but have no choice since I work out of state.

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Nov 142018

Rogue

While moving at both highway speeds or speeds between 20 -40 mph, the emergency braking system would engage without warning and without an object in front of the vehicle. This would cause the brakes to engage, the vehicle to shudder until I could re-take control, and an error alert on the dash board. The dealer's recommendation was to turn off the radar assisted emergency braking every time I got into the vehicle, as it was a "flawed technology". after multiple events and trips to the dealer, they replaced the part and updated the software.

- Albany, NY, USA