2006 Saturn Ion
CarComplaints.com Notes: When it comes to the 2006 Ion, the biggest questions are: what big problem is going to pop up next? And how long until GM chooses to address it?
The 2006 Ion has a defective ignition switch that gave owners fits. Their keys would get stuck in the ignition, the engine wouldn’t shut off or in some cases it would shut off at the most dangerous time. The ignition was eventually recalled as part of one of the largest recalls of all-time , but it took GM 10 years to do it. Then there’s this car’s temperamental power steering which is prone to stop working randomly while driving. It too was eventually recalled, even if GM took their sweet time about it.
Lastly, it turns out a car built with plastic doors, fenders and bumpers – while fun for a game of “shopping cart bocce” – is horrible for safety.
2006 Saturn Ion Electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- won't turnover, won't start4
- all dash lights are flashing1
- alternator whine1
- NHTSA: Electrical System302
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition55
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch18
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Anti-Theft Controller4
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Module1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Saturn Ion Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Ion compares to other years?
Check out our Saturn Ion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ion.