2019 Subaru Ascent electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Subaru Ascent:

2019 Subaru Ascent Owner Comments

Oct 252019

Ascent

So - I'm experiencing the same as other postings here, which is disappointing at best, and scary at worst. The first time my Ascent had no power, I got a jump start and took it to the dealer - they replaced the battery claiming a "bad cell". Then - about 5 months later, lost complete power again. Jump started it, took it to the dealer. They kept it 2 days, couldn't find anything wrong. And now - it happened again! I also bought the Ascent for use with my dogs and thank God they haven't been in their kennels in the back when the power was lost - I would not be able to get them out! I feel especially bad because I had recommended the Ascent to a fellow dog owner and she has been experiencing the same power issues. UGH! C'mon Subaru - do something about this issue or every time I see your dog commercials I'll be commenting out loud about how bad this is to anyone who's in earshot!

- Jean R., Hagerstown, MD, US

Jan 312019

Ascent Limited 4 cyl

Drove 45 miles to dentist appointment, after 1 hour came out and car did not start. Had to use key for entry. Called AAA for jump and called dealer, drove to dealer. Dealer could not find problem. Same thing happened twice since. I jumped with my other vehicle.

More recent problem is the BRAKE notification showing up on dash after 1 or 2 miles driving. Owners manual says to have vehicle towed to dealer. This occurred 3 times. the notification goes away after restarting vehicle. Vehicle is at the dealer now. Telephone calls with service agent reveals they can't locate either problem.This BRAKE notification is a recent event beginning in May 2019.

- phiggins630ph, Westminster, US