- January 8: Subaru Recalls 498,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 12 days ago
- December 25: Subaru Windshield Lawsuit Says Replacement Glass Is Defective news | 26 days ago
- December 23: Subaru Cracked Windshield Class Action Lawsuit Filed in California news | 28 days ago
- December 12: Subaru PCV Valve Recall Issued For Crosstreks, Foresters and Ascents recalls | 39 days ago
- December 2: Subaru Forester Passenger Airbag Sensor Lawsuit Filed news | 49 days ago
Subaru Recall WTZ-85: Camera Image May Not Display/FMVSS 111
2018 Subaru BRZ
Failure to display the rearview image while backing up increases the risk of crash.
Visibility — Rearview Mirrors/Devices
- Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is recalling certain 2018 Legacy, Outback, and BRZ vehicles. In the affected vehicles, a software issue may cause the audio display system to not initialize, resulting in the camera display remaining blank. If this occurs, the rearview image will not display while backing up the vehicle. As a result, the vehicles fail to comply with requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety (FMVSS) number 111, "Rearview Mirrors."
- Subaru has notified owners, and dealers will reprogram the audio system display software, free of charge. The recall began on February 5, 2019. Owners may contact Subaru customer service at 1-844-373-6614. Subaru's number for this recall is WTZ-85.
Click a tab for more information.