5.0

$1,500

1. replace windshield (2 reports)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Subaru Crosstrek:

2019 Subaru Crosstrek Owner Comments

Jan 172019

Crosstrek Premium

• CVT transmission

This is my first Subaru after owning Toyotas for 15 years. In those 15 years I never had a cracked windshield, but have been hit numerous times by small to medium rocks with no cracking, nor have I ever had to replace a windshield. In 3 months time I have been hit by 2 very small rocks from normal highway driving resulting in 2 cracked windshields that needed to be replaced by my insurance. Cannot stress enough how small these pebbles are, but ended up as a crack that ended up expanding across my windshield.

Because I have the Eyesight feature, I cannot replace the glass with aftermarket glass. It has to be OEM glass from the dealership. The glass is thin (2 layers sandwiching a thin film for noise reduction) and brittle resulting in the exterior layer cracking easily. THIS IS NOT THE SAME ISSUE EXPERIENCED BY THE FORESTER MODEL WHERE THE CRACK APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE BECAUSE OF THE WIPER DEFROSTER ELEMENT. This is from small objects breaking the windshield easily.

Again:

Toyota 15 years.... no cracked or broken windshields

Subaru 3 months... 2 cracked windshields

- Jason H., Lutz, FL, US

Dec 072018

Crosstrek Limited

Just really unacceptable. Dealerships excuse was that the small stone was travelling at a high "velocity". Pics they submitted for warranty were made to look worst as if stone was huge. Have run into other owners with same problem. Should be covered under their all inclusive warranty (except tires)!

- Lorne W., Gravenhurst, ON, Canada