Subaru Recall WQT-55: Front Passenger Air Bag May Not Deploy
2012 Subaru Impreza
If the ODS deactivates, the front passenger air bag will be turned off and the front passenger air bag will not deploy in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury to the seat occupant.
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is recalling certain 2012 model year Subaru Impreza 4-Door and Station Wagon vehicles (except WRX/STI models) manufactured April 21, 2011, to February 16, 2012. In the affected vehicles, the Occupant Detection System (ODS) may deactivate if a front seat passenger operates a device that is plugged into the power outlet such as a music player or cell phone, or touches a metal part of the vehicle such as the forward/rearward seat adjuster lever.
- Subaru will notify owners, and dealers will replace the Occupant Control Unit with a modified one, free of charge. The recall began August 21, 2015. Owners may contact Subaru customer service at 1-800-782-2783. Subaru's number for this recall is WQT-55.
- Documents (14)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - NUMBER: WQT-55 DATE: August 2015
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - August 5, 2015 UPDATE Subaru Recall Campaign: WQT‐55 Occupant Detection System
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - New Subaru Recall Campaign: WQT‐55 Occupant Detection System
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.