- June 25: Toyota Recalls Tundras With Axle Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- June 23: 2023 Toyota bZ4X Wheels Can Fall Off: Stop Driving recalls | 5 days ago
- June 20: Electric Vehicle Emergency Response Guides Improving: NTSB news | 8 days ago
- June 4: Ford to Pay $7 Million Over Death of Breanna Bumgarner news | 24 days ago
- May 6: Toyota Tundra Recall Issued For Rearview Camera Image Failures recalls | 53 days ago
Toyota TSB #T-SB-0229-12_Rev
2000 Toyota Tundra
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- TSB: REVISION NOTICE November 22, 2017 Rev1: ? Applicability has been updated to include 2014 ? 2018 model year vehicles. Any previous printed versions of this bulletin should be discarded. In the event that a Toyota vehicle becomes submerged in water, many components may be physically damaged. Electrical and electronic components, including wiring harnesses, are particularly susceptible to corrosion and subsequent malfunction. Although any flooding can be damaging, salt water flooding elevates the potential for abnormal conditions and may increase risks due to its highly corrosive and conductive nature. Salt residue also continues to corrode and remain conductive even after a vehicle dries. This bulletin is intended to assist with safe handling and inspection of flood damaged vehicles and to provide basic guidance on likely needed repairs.
Click a tab for more information.