2010 Volkswagen CC engine problems: engine stalls/shuts down while driving

Engine Stalls/Shuts Down While Driving

2010 Volkswagen CC

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Volkswagen dealer.

8.0

$10,500

1. replace engine (2 reports)
  3. replace transmission and clutch package (1 reports)
2010 Volkswagen CC engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen CC:

2010 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments

Jan 302015

CC V6

My 2010 Volkswagen CC wouldn't start after I had got off work. I had a couple buddies help me change the battery because we thought that may have been the issue with the vehicle. The battery was not the problem. I took the vehicle to my local Volkswagen dealership and they told me that the timing belt had an issue and the replacement would be a whole new engine. Well I purchased this vehicle from Herb Chambers Honda dealership in Burlington MA the summer of 2014 around June. This situation happened in January of 2015.

Shortly after I deployed being that I am Active Duty Military. When I returned from my deployment I purchased a new vehicle and just wondering has anyone else experienced this problem? I still on the vehicle and I want to get it fix so I can sell it but I fill like this is something that was out of my control and I shouldn't have to pay for. Any information in regards to this situation or something similar would help.

- Bradon C., Hanscom AFB, US

Dec 232015

CC

Car stalled in a parking garage and would not start back up. Took it to the dealership and the timing is completely shot and I need a new engine! I only have 75k miles on it and it's going to cost me 10.5k to replace!

Really unsettling, that this happened to such a young vehicle...VW USA was less than useless, and told me I was just outside the powertrain warranty.

DONT BUY VW!

- jessejb, St. Louis, MO, US

Aug 132013

CC 2.0L Tt

3 months after I purchased the car, the car began to stall as soon as I got over 40mph. It would just die. I was on the freeway and went straight to the dealership after having to start up the car several times and drive to the dealership with my emergency lights on.

Luckily, the car was CPO so the warranty covered the issue was a transmission and clutch package issue. The entire transmission needed to be replaced.

This was the first of 3 major engine issues that I've had with the vehicle.

The intake calves needed to be cleaned around 70k and 3 weeks after that the timing chain slipped off and has completely ruined the engine. I have filed a claim with Volkswagen and am hoping they will cover most or at least some of the cost since the warranty expired just 3 months ago.

This car has been a complete pain in my butt. I do not recommend it to anyone. I love it when it's performing well but I have had 3 major engine issues, tail light issues, and tire issues.

- Umar E., Los Gatos, US

Oct 242014

CC V4

I am terribly annoyed as I have still not fixed whatever is the problem.

- Robert A., South Orange, NJ/Essex, US